Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR) and Act no. 58/2019, of the 8 of August, regulate the handling of personal data of these websites' users, regardless of their jurisdiction.
What data do I collect and how?
I do not knowingly collect users' personal data.
When you connect to one of my Websites, your user agent is logged along with an anonymized version of your IP address (only the first 2 octets are saved), and the page you requested. That information, on its own, is not enough to identify the user. That information is logged indefinitely for technical and statistical purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
EU and Portuguese law grant all users of this website a series of rights concerning their personal data, regardless of their jurisdiction.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request copies of your personal data. I may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that I correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that I restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request the transfer the data that I have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
To exercise any of your rights, you can contact me using the contact information provided in this Policy. I may ask for proof of identity before I can process your request.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
I do not employ cookies on my Websites.
Hosting and data location
The servers and computers I use to operate this website and handle the data you provide us are located in Germany and Portugal, ensuring the data you submit to these computers is retrieved and stored within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you send as an email to the provided email addresses, their content will also be stored in servers in Switzerland (member of the EFTA).
I do not sell, lend, or otherwise provide your personal information directly to any third-parties. I may, however, provide entities such as judicial and law enforcement agencies with information I have in my possession to comply with my legal obligations enforceable in the Portuguese Republic.
I rely on trusted third-parties to provide some services which are necessary to make my Websites work properly. You are bound by their Privacy Policies when benefiting from the services they provide us, and are incentivized to review their policies. I do keep into consideration my partners' privacy practices when opting to use their services. When they provide you with services, they are techinally able to access data you provide them, which does not necessarily mean they collect or store that data.
My partners and service providers are:
Data from Children
This website is not aimed at children under 13 years old. Thus, I do not accept any personal data from children under that age (or the corresponding age in your jurisdiction). If you have the knowledge of a child providing us with sensitive data, please contact us to request the immediate deletion of the data.
How to contact me
Email us at: 📧 email@example.com. You can encrypt your email with the 🔑 PGP key if you want.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that I have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the appropriate authority.
Name: CNPD - Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados
Address: Av. D. Carlos I, 134, 1.º, 1200-651 Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
Phone: (+351) 213 928 400
Fax: (+351) 213 976 832
You may, alternatively, contact your local data protection authority if you are based on a EU/EEA country.